President Evil
Hey, who else here is a big RE fan? Even the wacky action one I can enjoy to an extent. But i've been playing the fuck outta RE 2 Remake and it is such a fucking blast. It's everything I really wanted in an RE game cause it runs on the new RE 7 engine, is third person like RE 4, and has the fundamentals of a classic games and yeah wondering if I can gush with anyone else about it
I still need to get around to RE2HD. Historically, 4 is the only one I particularly cared for, mainly because I'm too retarded to wrap my head around the tank controls of the classics and the games after 4 all had glaring issues that just killed the experience for me. I know 5 is supposed to be good as a co-op experience but I've never had anyone even remotely good to co-op it with and playing it single player is a dumpster fire of an experience. 6... well, let's not go there. And it's just my personal opinion, but I feel 7 went too far all in to the survival horror half of the experience, and I don't particularly gel well with that level of horror (I'm kind of a bitch tbh). Also, already being a fan of Leon kind of helps...
Dying of boredom, I'll try it all...
7 is a goofy ass horror experience thats both a dedication to it's craft and to the series itself. But I can understand why you would feel the way you do (heheheheh) but yeah RE 2 runs on the gameplay engine of 7 but is third person and keeps the core elements of the classic 3. It is very good.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8638524/ FLUMP BLUMF
I've been meaning to play these games, I'll probably fire up the first game up in an emulator at some point and I don't quite like how remakes change the graphics. It's nice and all but I like to see the games how they were originally presented, so I can get a sense of actual progression in eras of video game technology.
snigs