The Great Northern Experiment (and Homesteading & Farming General Discussion)
regained complete thermal control of his body and is back to functioning completely normally for a newborn kid, his mom even answers his cries and keeps watch over him but doesn't really clean him nor produces enough milk to feed him so we still have to step in with formula and wet rags each day. here he is chilling in the sun with a buddy and him with his mom

//i.fii.moe/Kfe08fqdhVXcheJD9HSzb4Jy6pISEPcc

//i.fii.moe/RXXKVmrmnYGaoGneRAafztegV5PnQvTu
//i.fii.moe/EEtDbYEICrUbLOFjkwKVQ7OUJWJR-ejl

going to attempt a thing tomorrow if it works out well i may do moar in the future
i will do my best to be there and square mom
hosimati suisei please
didn't really like the format for this purpose and it's pretty much impossible without someone else operating the camera so i don't think i'll be doing this again, though it waaaaaaaaaaaa definitely worth an attempt

it was definitely a cute concept, at least
//i.fii.moe/F3zlfKjCpodiTD89U9gcd9bJBsxX1w0P
//i.fii.moe/L6mNCiqOE5vY21N3CHFIxoKbSaBtzwPa

//i.fii.moe/A3i50tlqaO18VTW0ZXHF3RInCd7YrgPh

//i.fii.moe/yhNuoBtdCZDiUQrTgQDIX6M3erTJ5q1r

two of our sheep gave birth to two ewes, very odd for two single births in a row and for them to look exactly the same as each other but i'm just glad they're both ewes since we don't need any more rams right now
//i.fii.moe/08hgDlUIlV8olH4lLHfwQBCVfwovchRr

swans on the pond
//i.fii.moe/XKQmygzFbVY1CEgHPqGHz09PZyGsuwpg

traded my three nigerian dwarf does for two saanen cross does with a lady outside of la crosse today, she couldn't keep up with milking hers and i wasn't getting enough from mine so it worked out perfectly. only one is currently in milk but the second should give birth within the next few weeks and they look pretty much identical so i'm going to hope they have similar outputs

image is from the first milking of the saanen, certainly an excellent start especially when combined with my alpine cross after i finish curing her mastitis. i'll get pictures of them tomorrow when the sun is out
//i.fii.moe/PM6H6c3OPkthRRJnobGr8x2gs4JMwSL2

//i.fii.moe/FvFZ2NkYCdpHuoTlLSJau1DpFK24sRLw

//i.fii.moe/R0sXHOJZcYgNNrfBb0vnW1aEJwNB3H1z

as promised. the one with the bell is the saanen in milk, the other is the white one with no horns. you can see they're slightly smaller than the alpine but still a pretty formidable size. very friendly too, they follow me around

bonus duck vid