is flash the reason all of us keep coming here
I was talking in chat earlier about the nature of internet communities. We acknowledged the fact that communities are defined by common interests and that the members of the community discuss or do activities related to those interests.

Then terrio said that flashii's common interest is flash and well, I kinda can't disagree with that, he made the site and all after all. But come on, it's not like we are part of his harem, right? RIGHT?

Many people said they really liked flash as a person, and, if you think about it, he made us use forums on an era dominated by social media...

As for me, I find it hard to put it into words what do I like about him, I just like talking to him and I feel like I can me myself around him which makes me feel confortable.

anyways post your thoughts, people in here are big fans of big paragraphs so don't hesitate. i can't really type more than this because i am not good at making arguments and i don't think
Both times I thought to register here were because I had a good impression of Flash, and the reason I stuck around beyond registering following Tensuyu was because my understanding of his interests and hobbies was more involved than before; So in that regard, I think it's undeniable his pull as a figurehead is inviting of commune. I don't have to discredit the people that followed the same aroma as me, too- it's quite interestingly typical of the internet funnel that similar heads meet in one avenue of their many more, so with time I have of course found commonalities in certain hobbies or philosophies or whatever with some, obviously a lot that Flash himself can't procure himself (despite that gibbous brain of his).

Jus' people stuff mah, I kid like obviously the center figure is an originator and I pay due tides. Very grateful so far! Please let me quote people, thanks.
Do I think it's true? Yeah, basically. Luckily it isn't a detriment where, like, Flash is the ONLY reason I come here. Very lucky guy to have surrounded himself with such interesting and competent people, I really respect the company he keeps. I think that itself might be a little daunting to some, and it could be a little intimidating to make talk with people other than Flash, though. Maybe it's because of similarities between users in interests and stuff? I dunno, just a trailing thought. Listen to this sound effect:
//i.fii.moe/tO0-f7AhqemZfEs4rQvPAYvkSGChva_o
If it weren't for flash, flashii would've hit a concrete wall at mach 5 in terms of success. As for what his draw is, that I couldn't tell you, but he was always captivating for some reason even way back in the olden times. I'll be frank, sometimes I struggle with some things here, but flash being here is the reason I even bother, and there's not many people I know who have that kind of pull.
Dying of boredom, I'll try it all...

funny dumb dutchman good

https://cockdickball.in/media/button.gif
having used many forum-based websites long before the prevalence of social media, this is a normal tendency for these types of websites to exhibit in their communities. every forum has an owner, or in some case owners, which establish and play a large part in running of the forum, even if they do not offer much by way of posts. immediately around them are their friends, which are often strongly influential members of the forum even if they do not have a role in moderation or of its running. from this, you tend to have the culture of the forum radiate outwards from these people to those not otherwise direct friends or those that may not even know the owner. a great deal of the norms, in-jokes, fads and the like tend to be made prominent spreading radially outward in that way, and the average user tends to be more of a recipient of these traditions rather than being the ones establishing the tradition of a forum

when you weigh things in an even balance, this really hasn't changed even as the primary methods of communication have largely changed. i know for a fact this same behavior happens in discord chatrooms, and you even see forms of this occurring on more aggregate websites like twitter or reddit. i would wager, having seen it again and again, that a majority of times an internet community fails are due primarily to the owners and immediate friends becoming disjoint or fractured, often as the result of clashing egos or other petty bullshit. as a result, there is a great deal of importance when you look at a community and see who the more renowned members are, who occupies the chief seats around the owner(s), and especially the owner(s) themselves

i say all this to make a point. when i joined flashii, it was a sister website to a larger forum called malwareup, and it was not the only sister website. i barely knew anything about flash at this time other than him being some sort of european and that he was figuring out how to program. though i did manage to make it into a chief spot on the larger forum, i didn't really get along well nor did i really enjoy the company of the ones who occupied the other chief seats, nor did i care much for the owners. there was a lot of pride and egoism, and there is no quicker way to make me hate a man than to see him glorify himself, doubly so if the glory is not deserved. the other sister sites had this same issue, and the unpleasant behavior of the ones running them affected the behavior of the members as a whole

flashii, however, did not have this problem. flash is a very humble man, and not so much in the way that annoying people are humble in their despair and lack of conviction, but rather a true humility. he understands his limits, even in those days, and yet he has a fiery passion for those things he is interested in. the time in my life i joined flashii was especially peculiar, as i had just left my parents' house and was beginning my reckoning with the world at large. it was a time where although i was taking my first steps towards independence, i still had that blind optimism and youthful vigor of a boy, and that especially played a large part in getting along with the members. those first few months were times i still look back on with great fondness, they were a sort of crown to end my the days of my youth as my innocence quickly departed from me thereafter

flash is an honest man, earnest and very approachable, but also has a great sense of humor and much empathy. him being my junior by a few years has been particularly interesting to see, as it's almost like looking into a mirror backwards in time as the changing winds and tides of life batter against a man coming to age; those age old questions i wrestled with, chiefly among them the meaning to life and what it means to be a man, in time i saw him also begin to wrestle with in a like manner. the abundance of years to see such a thing unfold is rare to me, as i am not particularly close to my family and have been constantly moving house for years, only now having some rest and at last taking root

when speaking with conviction i do not use the word 'friend' lightly. i have very few friends though many acquintances, and i can count on one hand with many spare fingers those i have met on the internet who i would even begin to classify as a friend. an important cornerstone, the mark i can see on a man that shows him to be a true friend to me, is the work of love by empathy through reproof and correction. saying that flash and i have gone through some bad times in these years would be putting it about as mildly as humanly possible; honestly, saying "flash and i" together like that is unfair considering the sheer amount of braindead retarded shit i have done in my formative adult years. frankly, flash has had signifcantly fewer moments comparatively. despite this, however, we would call each other out on our bullshit when the time called for it. not because we were waiting for the other to fuck up and make a poor choice, but because we cared enough to raise serious concerns at crucial junctures. i could always trust flash to be brutally honest with me when i wasn't certain anyone else on the internet would, and at some points, even those i knew in real life

his enduring passion towards programming has always been especially pleasing to me, even now when the interest to continue my studies in computer programming and electrical engineering have all but fully departed. i have fond memories of teaching him programming techniques and methodologies way back in ye olde, and seeing him surpass my ability over time and at this point teaching me things makes me happy; especially, it makes me very happy that his approachable personality and burning passion has in recent years inspired others to further their own studies of computer programming and the like, not the least being osk who has quickly surpassed the both of us. the fact that he continues to run an active forum and chat despite all odds in these times still inspires me, as every time i come here and fuck around on the chat and forum takes me back to the innocence of late 2014 (even if most of the people here now aren't the same folks from then)

it may not seem it, but i am actually a pretty shy person. in my youth i was shy both online and off but over the last decade or so of being forced into social environments and fucking up over and over again i've managed to somewhat conquer my shyness in person; however, i am still incredibly shy on the internet. this may seem kind of backwards but i swear it's true, and it really hasn't been helped with the mass transition towards social media. when i walk into a bar, cafe, or church, i don't pick the people that are going to be there. frankly, i greatly prefer it that way. i don't want to have the responsibility of having to manually fucking select who i would meet in those places, and often the randomness of it is what keeps it exciting. this is why i appreciate forums with chats, it's the same as walking into a building and just coming across people to talk to. i get very shy trying to use a website like twitter because i greatly dislike how intimate it is to pick people to follow, and to interact, etc. it's hard to put into words but it just feels uncomfortably intimate to use those types of websites, and i really REALLY do not like it. in recent years i've tried to get over it but i would be lying if i said that it still didn't bother me

i say that to clarify what i mean when i say i probably wouldn't talk to people on the internet if it wasn't for flashii. anyone i would be comfortable talking to on the internet uses this website and i am really fucking bad at trying to engage people i don't know prior on social media websites. at least when i go to a bar i can talk about local shit, weather, family, etc., but i genuinely have no fucking idea what you're supposed to start a conversation about with some random internet person. as a result i don't think i would bother if flashii wasn't here, and i'm very glad that it is still here because through it i've met a whole ton of great new people that i definitely wouldn't have if it were left up to my own devices. the fact that flash is a genuinely good man makes it even easier, as the people that would use his website in these times also tend to be good people. i've seen the userbase ebb and flow enough over the years to know that this is true a majority of the time

in short, a flashii without flash isn't flashii. it would be some random dead forum and chatroom, the idea and form absent without his passion. i'm glad that we've all come together on this place because of the work of one man running the show, and i wouldn't have it any other way

thank u sworp for giving me an opportunity to write a poast like this, have wanted to for a while. thank u flalf waaw for hosting my web zone for free u are c00l d00d. thank u all for using a forum in 2022
//i.fii.moe/EEtDbYEICrUbLOFjkwKVQ7OUJWJR-ejl
ever since all the way back in what, 2015? i've thought flash was a cool dude, not unrealistic to call him a role model of mine
not entirely sure what makes him have this kind of pull, but the air around him is always ... comfy? is that a good way to put it? tends to have a leaned-back air surrounding him, which makes any community he is large in feel that way as well
his quirky yet very approachable, trustable and down-to-earth personality makes him very fit for communities to stick around, combined with the amount of work he puts into upkeeping his community through writing and maintaining all custom forums, file hosting, chat platforms, events, game servers etc. is very commendable in a time where most people think creating a discord community is already too much effort for them. in turn, this also ensures the members of the community have to be more interested and engaged to stay (as they have to keep a different browser tab open etc), which i believe is an incredibly quality improvement
flash has always interested me in that he is from the same country as me and has very similar interests (and a huge amount of knowledge), but actually has a large portfolio of works that he has tons of passion for, with specific values and quirks of his own that he doesn't shy away from upkeeping, even if they cost a lot of effort, which always made me look up to him, especially as back then i did not really have any real completed projects to call my own, and definitely did not have that kind of passion
his interaction with mikoto has always personally intrigued me too, i suppose back then i didn't really know what any of it meant yet, but now here i am, deep in a relationship with kagarin
flash's personality, quirks, passion and care to foster and grow a community have created and continue to upkeep something that is very dear to me and to many others here too considering the posts above, flashii is as family to me, a place where i can relax and be who i am, together with many amazing people
i can say for certain that without flashii i wouldn't be anywhere near where i am now, in many ways, be it mental, professional, or in personal development or my skills, and that's very much thanks to flash, without him there would be no flashii, so i can only give him my thanks as i am pretty much forever in his debt lol
before this gets too cheesy have a picture of a strawbelephant https://kagari.online/1643228390094.jpg
https://kagari.moe/outer_assets/flashii/signature.png https://kagari.moe/outer_assets/flashii/signature-sites.pnghttps://kagari.moe/outer_assets/flashii/signature-osksh.pnghttps://kagari.moe/outer_assets/flashii/signature-kagarimoe.pnghttps://kagari.moe/outer_assets/flashii/signature-social.pnghttps://kagari.moe/outer_assets/flashii/signature-twitter.pnghttps://kagari.moe/outer_assets/flashii/signature-github.pnghttps://kagari.moe/outer_assets/flashii/signature-blog.png
When I first started coming here he definitely was, but pretty quickly he wasn't the only reason anymore.
hosimati suisei please
Everyone here has been pretty welcoming to me since I came to this site. But Flash IS the reason I joined (I too remember when this website was associated with MalwareUp, though I was a lurker then) and, although I can't say why, I hoped that he would be a welcoming person and he exceeded that, being very kind and made me feel a lot better being here. Most notably he hasn't appeared to me like a forum admin and that's about 50 points in his favour. So I'm glad that he clearly has worked a lot to foster this community because to be frank, there are lots of places with "communities" but the community is trash and it shows.
I found flash through twitter back in late 2018 and it was fun interacting with his posts and we had a lot of common interests, I'd say we got closer as time went on despite a few weird side relationships with other people that we both knew. Seeing the work he put into a niche part of the webzone that he updated multiples times throughout the past decade was inspiring. Even though I personally did not use forums younger; however, I did browse them frequently especially when learning about dumping my ps2 bios and creating isos to play on pcsx2. When flash brought me into the flashii palace, it was quite overwhelming at first since I only knew him, but everyone was very welcoming and I appreciated that. I stayed and made friends with quite a few people and learned about flashii's history which definitely made it easier to get in on the old inside jokes that we and even newer people use today. I was never discouraged to speak and flash even gave me some updates on the chat that eventually opened in the summer of 2019. Waiting for the chat was really exciting since I would get to speak to all the members immediately all the time. Flash kept me engaged in the community along with his brilliant endeavors that he talks about involving programming and site maintenance. I tried to be a comp sci double major in college and only took two classes before I decided it was enough, but watching flash make progress within his site inspired me to try and make some strides in developing my knowledge of computers.

In time I became close friends with most of the people on this site playing games and joking around and I am very glad I happened to just randomly stumble upon this direction of my life. I hated social media, but decided to try one last time and in turn found a place I would never trade for anything. Each member has something completely unique going on that they bring to the flashii table and its not something you see in other forums. These past 3 years may have affected my previous way of thinking and even made me more comfortable to speak around people I do not know. Thanks everyone and all I have left to say is, viper in ts.
https://mikoto.misaka.nl/u/t67t3XVJ/1684695692-TToPdWf.png