General Cooking Thread

the gb recipe

foreword thing

hello everyone and welcome to my wholesome food blog thing about how im a single mother of 3 autistic children blah blah blah

i dont really know what to write here how the FUCK do those faggot food bloggers do it man anyways, i've been trying to perfect my ginger beer making recently for a bbq i went to with flash sword arysil matthew and reggae anfd osk and apparently it was so good that flash asked me for the recipe so here it is.

normally in ginger beer recipes people use a "ginger bug" to be the yeast that produces all the CO2 and alcohol in the drink. a ginger bug is an organism that is very much like a sourdough starter which you have to feed every day if you want it to survive. because this is not something i can be bothered to do and feels like a waste when doing one off brews i've decided to just use dry yeast in my recipe.

in this specific instance i've used just dry bread yeast packets but it'd be probably miles better if you'd use something like SO4 yeast. the amount of sugar in the recipe may seem like a lot but it's needed for the yeast to feed on so most of it gets converted into CO2 and alcohol depending on how long you let it ferment for. longer time = a more dry flavour and more alcohol content. i haven't experimented yet with adding any sweeteners that the yeast can't feed on but i feel like it'd be a good way to backsweeten your drink.

for which type of sugars to use i'd recommend keeping it simple and just using white sugar. you can mix it up with a bit of brown sugar but i feel like using just brown sugar would be too overwhelming of a flavour a mix of 60/40 white to brown sugar would be good if you feel like using up the old ass bag of brown sugar you've got laying around in your pantry. i've also used a bit of honey and maple syrup before but it didn't work out that well.

the bottles i've used are just plastic soda bottles cause it's cheap to reuse them and they should be able to withstand the pressure. make sure to burp every day when fermenting outside of the fridge. once you've put it in the fridge you can forego the burping.

i dont believe in formatting and proofreading fuck you fuck you fuck you someone else cam format this fucking wall of text i dont care i dont care i dont care im lazy

ingredients for 1 liter of ginger beer

• 1 liter of water (duh)
  • ~125 grams of sugar
  • 100 grams of finely chopped ginger
  • 1-2 juiced limes
  • instant dry yeast

equipment needed

• bottles
  • a large pot
  • a measuring cup
  • fine mesh strainer
  • a funnel for filling the bottles

First up you grab a big pot and set it on the stove and you fill it with a liter of water. Then you rinse the ginger and chop it into fine chunks, you can leave the skin on. You could use a food processor for this but I don't feel like cleaning that shit and it produces too many fine pieces of ginger that go through the mesh strainer. After you've chopped all the ginger put it into the large pot. Then add all the sugar and turn on the stove. Let the mixture get to a low boil/high simmer for around 5-10 minutes and then turn it off and let it cool to room temperature. Once it's around room temperature add the lime juice to taste.

Pass the ginger mixture though the fine mesh strainer into the measuring cup. Then get your bottles ready and add around 1/4th of a teaspoon yeast to it. Then add the ginger mixture. Screw the bottlecap back on and let it ferment for about one or two days while making sure to burp it at least once a day (do it in the sink or else you'll have a mess). After two days taste the ginger beer for sweetness. If you feel like it could be sweeter just make a sugar syrup consisting of water and sugar by boiling it in a pan on the stove and add it in parts to the bottle untill it reaches your desired sweetness and you're done! Make sure to put it in the fridge to slow down the ferment or else it'll keep on fermenting (unless that's what you want). I'm probably missing some shit and this isn't well written so if you have questions feel free to ask bottom text. Pictures maybe later (or never) remind me to.

https://cockdickball.in/media/button.gif
thank you mom :D
https://sig.flash.moe/signature.png
//i.fii.moe/WxtJSYX7cjAlF363nhBXMBTd8lpFov9k
BOY DINNER

//i.fii.moe/JdHIfVEPO_J7-YOApLwk92vN9Ayqyweq
hosimati suisei please
cooked up a strongzero

//i.fii.moe/Rj1G16wom2b3eWKvPAu5zf5HQp3WTPdy
hosimati suisei please
you're telling me a shrimp brewed that?
https://sig.flash.moe/signature.png
tori paitan shoyu ramen (and yeah I put in bean sprouts get mad if u don't like it)

//i.fii.moe/TbINT4Jiv__R7Yapca--8V6G6RhRQ8c7
(Another ramen to test out my new noodle maker) Tonkotsu shoyu with kakuni (no fancy chopped onions tho)
//i.fii.moe/Zh1FBqTqycA37UCUwtWK2M8ScKHwpdY-
this is the best soy sauce there is. there is no competition
//i.fii.moe/0hn-9pUWkAQrsrUY8TPRTF58HBpoWp0_
https://cockdickball.in/media/button.gif
//i.fii.moe/gPvHJ_ETEw5nxT-pf6xJ7PFd2ocL-Ch9