The Great Northern Experiment (and Homesteading & Farming General Discussion)
//i.fii.moe/qOTmGWZgQzEG316SyXQUQWRbH7sdiEf2

my first batch of goat cheese in nearly two years, and the largest i have ever made at one time. this nearly three pound wheel was from two day's milking of the new saanen, needless to say i am greatly overjoyed with this turn of events. immediately i can start producing and selling both the cheese and raw milk, and come the pregnant saanen going into milk along with her sister i can very readily make a profit if she is even half as productive as her sister. i will be enjoying this wheel in a springcoming feast with gabe and his family, and the second wheel i will enjoy with my friends at the churches

above all i am happy to be able to give goats milk to the man that lended me the money to purchase the nigerian dwarfs originally. he has been waiting these two years along with me for milk and i am excited to deliver when he comes back up later this month
//i.fii.moe/EEtDbYEICrUbLOFjkwKVQ7OUJWJR-ejl
Looking really good! :love:
hosimati suisei please

//i.fii.moe/hEfgy5jcbv7qklJkL9uf0uiusldUgjzB
//i.fii.moe/rDgLj6KJeI0FMHdeIsdbpXH7cRkW1pxI

//i.fii.moe/yygrURKZ2jJeXdZ9YUgCTwCSgIlT5B8G

//i.fii.moe/ZTYVPP49oE6UYbS7kkpPXgI2Pt04A7rd

other saanen gave birth while i was out fellowshipping today, fortunately unlike most other goats she actually took care of her kid instead of leaving it for dead. loving this new breed so far, excellent in every way
//i.fii.moe/JlsUTzGTNbIbyUEwnDK17wOrpHIXLEL7

the black dot is an asymmetrical spot on her fur, something we've never seen before. usually their coats are spotted throughout or a solid color with a black ridge along the spine but never just a single spot like this, it looks almost like a mole or a birthmark

last night we decided to call her gorby (short for gorbachev) because of the mark and i hope it stays like that as she gets older since their coats can change significantly within the first year and a half
i hope you're ready for glasnost and perestroika on the property
https://sig.flash.moe/signature.png
just as long as she doesnt purge the kulaks
baby goats!! goats are so awesome

I check this thread every once in a while and it always makes me so happy. You seem to be living life to its fullest :)
I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
thank you kpsie i appreciate it, not to brag but i do enjoy waking up most days B)
//i.fii.moe/tvGLR8If9P4osFE8h3ee8ZSvzYPKxDTa

BEGONE VULTURES
we are now goose steppin

//i.fii.moe/5l67ACcvLFlyDofWKdJMfNsIKOHPglPK

//i.fii.moe/yXBdA620jLhYiZxbkYAk7M9pRBGsjHPq

they finally shipped after many delays, which is good because the last order i placed a few years ago never got shipped at all. they looked pretty much how i expected, very similar to ducks but with narrower bills. also very large bois