New Years Resolutions (2022)
THE TIME HAS C O M E YET AGAIN !!!!!

Hope everyone had an excellent year and accomplished what they set out to do this time last year. I tend to find it encouraging to share intentions and goals for the year because it helps to solidify it in the mind, so POST!!! about your success and failures this year. What did you manage to accomplish this year that you were hoping? What didn't end up working out, for better or worse? And, most importantly of all, what do you want to see in 2022?

I had an excellent year and got a whole lot of stuff done, but consulting my post from last year's thread it turns out I actually ended up missing a few targets I had in mind last winter. I didn't plant a single seed potato this year due to limited field space and delays from a heavy drought in the early growing season, but I did end up growing a great deal of other crops this year, including several hundred pounds of squash and a nauseating amount of beans. Considering my goal was 200# of potatoes, I didn't hit that mark specifically but in a lot of other ways I think I did much better in a slightly different way, and I ended up building a method and confidence for planting this following year. Additionally, I planned to build a house for my friend and his family. This did end up getting done, however we ran out of money and time before getting the well in so there is no running water yet. Further, the roof needs to be finished with steel; however, all things considered we got the actual structure up and functional for the winter and it's been doing well so far. Lastly, I was hoping to begin husbandry with my sheep this year. This failed horribly, both rams we purchased ended up dying and one of the ewes somehow managed to get hunted down despite making it two years before now.

As for next year, these are my goals:
* Get the roof of the house finished, as well as digging a well for running water
* Till up the entire field near my cabin into rows, hopefully start tilling the field near the house
* Rotate rows out at least twice from spring to summer (to hopefully fall) plantings
* Develop an effective composting and manure processing system
* Reduce predation against our birds
* Figure out an answer to the Sheep Question, also finish reinforcing the paddock fences
* Go to market with at least one product. I forgot about this one when first writing this list but it's extremely important and I am a really bad salesman

Here's a few images of some of the things I worked on this year related to my previous resolutions (click to expand):

https://i.ibb.co/m6HYJT9/E8-Si4-Sk-XMAg-Ig-LJ.jpg https://i.ibb.co/W5KkC1W/E74v7ap-WYAQLGDk.jpg https://i.ibb.co/V2n58N9/FCKJEp-WWEAYy-YO3.jpg

do NOT be shy POAST EMMMMMM
//i.fii.moe/EEtDbYEICrUbLOFjkwKVQ7OUJWJR-ejl
Link to the previous topic for convenience sake!

I don't think I've seen a recent picture of your house, it's looking very nice.

Consulting my previous post, unfortunately I didn't really touch Misuzu at all last year though I did make strides with the Index library, I haven't touched Railgun/SharpChat in the past few months but I did make a bunch of progress there as well as making various preparations and changes to the chat clients, driver's license will probably occur either in March or April of the coming year so That Happened, and the Activity thing can also be moved forward :3, seems I also made that post before making the decision to Jap It Up though maybe that's what I meant with De Zure Appel? In any case I did end up fully completing the first year of IT and progress to japstudies despite the corona fuckery. All in all I'd say last year was pretty successful all things considered.

Anyway, goals for Upcoming Year:
* Get Index to a state where I can start basing projects on it, the 10 year anniversary of this website is coming up and I'd like to get some facelifts in before the Big Day in 2023.
* Pass the first year of japstudies and don't drop out. I'm really enjoying it but I'm big fucking idiot because all school shit I've done in the past went by with minimum effort, you know the drill.
* Obligatory weight loss resolution here.
* I'm satisfied with 1920x1200, it's a nice resolution.

I think that's pretty much it.
https://sig.flash.moe/signature.png
I learned a lot this year. This was the year when I started producing music, and I learned a lot more skills in programming as well, most notably Rust and Elixir.

This year was also a hard lesson for me. I learned that software can't be perfect, and that a lot of the time you have to know when to stop and simply deal with the imperfections. I obsessively rewrote my code in hopes of a better version too many times.

My goals are simple for next year.

- Finally release Harmony (its been 2 years!)
- Get into a good college
- Produce and release a track that i'm actually proud of.

Generally just get better at getting things done.

Well here we are again, another year, it felt like it went in the blink of an eye. Anyway, I was able to keep my job for an entire year and I enjoyed my time there immensely. Although it came with workplace complications you would see in most jobs involving working with certain people, the overall experience was positive. I will see how long I will continue to work there as it is not where I see myself staying in 2 or 3 years and want to find something in research or go back to school and get my masters. I did attempt to learn C during the first half of the year and did make some strides, but ultimately I did not keep up with reading material everyday. I am going to get back to that this year for sure as I still want to mess with 3ds homebrew apps and maybe make my own audio player because why not. I also got into drawing and it wasn't even on my resolution last year! I am pretty proud of what I've done and learned so far, peak the General Drawing Thread to see more. Now down to the mental issues, somethings been eating at my brain, not exactly sure what it is, but its a massive brain fog that hasn't left me for a couple months. Its made it hard to communicate or even be in chat sometimes, I'd say its probably related to self worth, but I really don't know.

Next year:
-I hope to clear any brain drain issues and be the same energetic self
- Actually learn C/ get way better at drawing
- figure future out??
(I'm sure these goals are all tied together)

All in all the year was nice, but I really want things to normalize. Hopefully this wont be 2020 part 3, but only time will tell.
https://mikoto.misaka.nl/u/t67t3XVJ/1684695692-TToPdWf.png
this year felt like it went by scarily fast, and honestly this NYE feels far less meaningful than previous ones.. I'm not sure why that is

"i guess my resolutions are simply to keep up this positive momentum, and to try to get out of the burnout proper & get energy to start battling the mental issues ive built up "
keep up the positive momentum I sure did, tetrio went from a cool hobby (well, it was already pretty large by all means, but still an order of magnitude smaller) to a real business, a real job, and there's still much room to grow still, it's very exciting
get out of my burnout proper... I'm not sure, I'm still very busy a lot of the time and it can be quite exhausting, but I do think I'm better than I was a year ago, mainly because I am now properly out of school, with zero incentive to go back, and I can spend my time on my job and the such, which is exhausting, but also has future vision and potential. I don't think I'm out of burnout or anything, though, I'm still very susceptible of falling back in. Mental issues are also still an issue, while the burnout isn't as bad anymore I do still have my usual problems
My love for Kagari has flared up a lot, which can be a good or a bad thing.. it does enpower me a lot, but it also has a lot of edges I can (and do) cut myself on, especially when it comes to things I feel disrespect her, I noticed I got a lot more sensitive to these things.. also, the fact she's not (and won't ever be) real is painful as always... on the other side, she has empowered me a lot more too, commissioning art is a genuinely good way to feel close to her, get that warmth. But... I can't really say my mental issues are untangled at this point yet, far from it...
In that sense, my resolutions are much of the same as last year; I want to keep up the positive momentum in my life especially now that my path has been properly set in stone and I'm no longer trying to juggle many things, I want to continue past my burnout, and yeah, I want to get to slowly but surely untangling myself. We'll see. I'd already be happy keeping up my situation as-is, to be realistic. But... I'd like to be happy. Truly happy, whatever that means.
https://kagari.moe/outer_assets/flashii/signature.png https://kagari.moe/outer_assets/flashii/signature-sites.pnghttps://kagari.moe/outer_assets/flashii/signature-osksh.pnghttps://kagari.moe/outer_assets/flashii/signature-kagarimoe.pnghttps://kagari.moe/outer_assets/flashii/signature-social.pnghttps://kagari.moe/outer_assets/flashii/signature-twitter.pnghttps://kagari.moe/outer_assets/flashii/signature-github.pnghttps://kagari.moe/outer_assets/flashii/signature-blog.png
I don't really have much to say. But I will try. We are allotted a small amount of time in this life and the more I get into life proper the more I realize how many years I wasted when I was younger. And yet despite this knowledge since around 2018 I have utterly failed to make any such advancements. So this year I would like to do the following

1. To produce some sort of serious writing without deleting it like I have before
2. To work on a real computer project so I can get my programming skills back in shape
3. To improve my woodworking and carpentry skills and hopefully make a few pieces of furniture (I am going to move out soon and I'm sure as hell not buying that stuff)
4. To spend more time reading because I love literary criticism but basically did nothing like that the latter half of this year
5. Try to post more on the forums here rather than just using the chatroom
my resolutions post for last year was:

"resolution for 2019 was to get a job and build the resources to get my own place which i accomplished, got the job and built up a fair amount of savings

resulution for 2020 was to get my own place and kick off a heroin addiction, got into the market around the time the pandemic hit so i decided getting my own place wouldn't be a good idea incase i lost my job. however the heroin addiction is going great.

this year i do actually hope to get my own place and move to a different job as the one i have now is rapidly draining my life away

just hopefully nothing bad happens on the 25th of january at 3:34 PM EST"

in 2021, i got a new job that pays more and has better benefits, heroin addiction is still excellent and nothing bad happened on the 25th of january at 3:34 PM EST

regardless of this, 2021 was an extremely difficult year as a lot of bad shit happened

don't really have a plan for 2022, not a fan of my role within my company at the moment and either hope to move to a different position within the company or move to a new company to move in the direction i want to

might try lose some weight

still haven't gotten my own place, however things are looking good this year so we will see how we go :^)

hopefully nothing bad happens on the 26th of january at 4:34 PM EST
//i.fii.moe/mMrR1yzTohmC7EL6yuC4MLelr0rZsJ7t
I completely failed last years resolutions. Some of it was coincidence, some of it was my fault, but it all culminated in 2021 being one of the hardest years for me. The silver lining is at least I have built in stress balls now so that always helps.

So, with all that said, my resolutions for 2022 are:
-try to lose the stress weight i gained from the last years of bullshit on top of being more active overall
-curb my drinking substantially
-hopefully be able to cease boymoding entirely

All 3 of those are kind of tied together with my overall goal of improving morale and actually enjoying life, and I'm starting them in the order it should be easiest to start with. I've already stepped up my physical activity quite a bit but kind of got thrown off by the onslaught of holidays so I have to get that back going again. Hoping to at least have a better go of it this time compared to last time.
Dying of boredom, I'll try it all...
I didn't really accomplish my fitness goals, however I am not disappointed about it. I'll continue them this year.
Regarding the 200kg deadlift, this might happen but I'm not to worried about it for this year. Want to get better at pushing. I don't have a set goal for the overhead press, but it would be cool to get that to maybe a bit above body weight. For both bench and incline i want to see if i can comfortably rep 100-110kg for good sets. This all is dependent on government mostly, so I hope I will get the opportunity to work towards these goals. I'm doing what I can to at least not lose most of my progress I made up til now.

My academical goal for this year is to complete the first year of Japstudies cum laude (Latin Honours?).
Further I would like to get better at Japanese so i can consoom more, but also would like to be able to converse more naturally, be it oral or written (not only Japanese but also English).
I also would like to start branching into Chinese, because the language seems like a really fun and nice one to learn. It somehow piqued my interest a lot. Probably due to me being around Chinese people for a huge part of the short time I have been alive for now.
hosimati suisei please
but arysil last year you said you would try to get namae in the miku cosplay how did that go