New Years Resolutions (2023)
I always put objectives to myself and try to push myself in order to achieve them but I usually dont feel like sharing them. However now I do for some reason so why not.

In general all of them can be summarized in pushing myself in everything so I can't have any regrets if I fail while not overextending myself so I can still take care of myself, but since that is somewhat of a lame generic answer I'll specify a bit:

- Become Wordle master (•̀ᴗ•́ )و
- Finish uni
- Try my best to find a job related to my field abroad (i say "try my best" because it doesnt entirely depend on myself and to be fair it'll probably be easier as I get more work experience and a better CV)
- After I finish uni, start going to classes on my free time to learn a new skill or get better at something not related to what I do at work (it can be a new language if I move to a country which language I dont know, can be drawing, playing an instrument, bouldering, learning jap). I think it'd be a cool way to meet people and I dont wanna get into studying for certificates just yet, I can leave that for next year.
- Read at least a book every month, preferably in English so I can improve my English but it's okay if it's not. I could also write my thoughts on the book for myself if I feel like it but I wont put that as an objective.

Now onto things I already do but I wanna keep doing:
- Draw when I can
- Be sociable and talk to people while being confident on who I am so I can talk naturally without forcing myself into a different personality
- Do exercise
- Not being afraid to try new things
- Remember it's ok to take a break and take it easy sometimes if I'm feeling too stressed
- Be a bit optimistic when things so south so I can recover and not get into a negative loop
- Cook every once in a while when I can, it's fun
- Try to keep in touch with the people I like every once in a while so they dont become strangers and we can still do things together
- Try to do something every day. Even if it's just a shitty drawing. That way I won't be able to say "I did nothing today".

I'd also like to try to be a VTuber for a month or two, with a proper schedule and model and see if I like it. However, I'm not sure if I'll have the time yet, so I'll decide if I want to commit to that this summer. Also, I may have to get a bunch of expensive equipment and think of a model (╥﹏╥)
my new years resolution is to actually think of some and post about them tomorrow. i hereby give the reader of this forum post my permission to roundhouse kick me if i dont actually make a post tomorrow.
https://cockdickball.in/media/button.gif
my new years resolutions are

- try to be less forgetful / procrastinate less
- keep up with studies
- try to get a better sleeping schedule

these 3 points are all pretty much linked to eachother. last year went somewhat decent in regards to my studies. certainly is better than a few years ago but it could go better.

i'm not that great at expressing introspective thoughts on matters so i'm leaving it at this. if i think of something else i'll edit it in later.
after giving it some thought i've decided to add a moral prohibition to list that's a bit long winded so i'm not going to bother editing the op

- complete prohibition on drinking alcohol except on the four solar festivals and each new moon (exempting the coming new moon in january and during lent) in which i may purchase one bottle of wine and one can or bottle of beer. if a new moon and solar festival are within one week of each other i will celebrate the solar festival and not the new moon

i've been hoping this problem would resolve itself as i began living here but unfortunately old habits die hard and not setting a strict regiment has lead to continued abuses, although fortunately not as bad as it has been in the past

complete prohibition would be nice but i know myself well enough to know that flat out won't work, and my end goal is ultimately to be able to enjoy drinking moderately at festivals and holidays so i'm hoping this relatively lenient yet rigid set of rules will encourage that behavior while also setting dates to look forward to and celebrate with, all while motivating me to keep better track of the lunar cycle. me and gabe have a tradition going back a few years to celebrate the solstices and equinoxes so i wanted to include those as well as the new moons
//i.fii.moe/EEtDbYEICrUbLOFjkwKVQ7OUJWJR-ejl
ain't got much planned, mostly saving money in preparation to hopefully buy a property once the real estate market dies down

-

it's been mentioned in a few of these posts already but I plan on losing more weight, of which I have no particular goal in mind other than to drop a kilo at a time and see how far we go

I peaked in weight at approximately 116 - 117kg (255 - 260lbs) which if I remember rightly would've been in 2021 or so

currently I'm sitting at 104kg (229lbs) as a result of (mostly) taking my diet a lot more seriously, however a lot of this progress was slowed down by excessive alcohol consumption (a 6 pack of beer is like 650 - 900 calories depending on what it is)

not doing some special restricted to certain types of food sort of diet, just counting calories and drinking lots of water

-

would like to try make some fermented hot sauce from scratch

-

want to go camping/fishing at some point

-

might give loitering a go

-

that's about it.

ok bananas

**edited because my username was in the way of some of the text
//i.fii.moe/mMrR1yzTohmC7EL6yuC4MLelr0rZsJ7t
fermented hot sauce is good. i love adding garlic to it and seeing it turn blue due to the fermentation
complete prohibition on drinking alcohol

I had to stop myself from buying beer cases last year because that alone caused me to drink constantly day in night out, but I effectively stopped when i only drank what my landlord gifts me and when i hang out with family (the typical "i only drink socially" thing really worked out)
//i.fii.moe/tO0-f7AhqemZfEs4rQvPAYvkSGChva_o