Important Thoughts Thread
that was cute tensy
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/df/30/3e/df303e0cd0d46ff00b4238070a515179.jpg

At first I thought of it as a joke but now I start to think that one of the reasons I have been happier this year is because I've stopped trying to become as normal as possible and just do what I enjoy while trying to always be open to new experiences in real life.

With this I mean that I go out irl when I have the chance while not forcing any sort of personality over me. I don't think I'd have started streaming with the vtuber model had I had the chance last year since I'd have been afraid of looking like a weirdo.

Eventually I've noticed that the way people treat me hasn't changed, which made my self-confidence reach all time high levels.
i'm glad to hear you've taken this idea to heart sword. any aspect of self improvement cannot begin until you accept this premise. while it is important to keep in mind how others perceive you as the end of all bettering of the self is ultimately for the purpose of blessing others with your actions, it is equally important to remember that every man looks like a fool when he first sets out to master any skill

there has never been a master carpenter who has not cut boards short or angled incorrectly, a master painter without thousands of scrapped works by the error of a few misplaced strokes, a master programmer who has never delivered broken programs by misunderstanding fundamentals, or a master gardener who has never come to the end of a season with nothing to harvest

whenever i begin in my heart to despair over how much i have messed up or failed in my endeavors due to short sightedness, mismanaged time, laziness, or whatever other fault on my part, i consider how little i knew of all the things that dominate my mind currently even but three years ago and am comforted in considering how much i will know and have done in another decade, and that even in those days my youthful vigor will not have fully left me

the unfortunate corollary to this, of course, is that you cannot have years of accrued wisdom to look back on if you never begin in the first place. if you allow yourself to be afraid of looking like a fool in the eyes of others when you first begin learning any skill in earnest, you will never come to know anything and shall truly become a fool rather than merely looking like one for that short time

every masterful man was once a fool in his skills of choice. will you allow yourself to play the fool for a time so you may one day come to mastery? or would you rather become a fool in truth by the comfort of inaction? choose wisely

(i should clarify this was a polemic that i considered from sword's post directed at anyone that would read this rather than directly as a response to sword himself. just wanted to be clear p:)
//i.fii.moe/EEtDbYEICrUbLOFjkwKVQ7OUJWJR-ejl
wasnt thinking of it earlier but the thing i mentioned naturally extends to drugs as well
"Say not thou, What is the cause that the former days were better than these? for thou dost not inquire wisely concerning this."

teehee p:
speaking of im working on a super secret project to be started hopefully soonish, here's a small sample of an outtake while practicing recitation for it

>:3
i recently typed in flashii.hand when i meant flashii.net into mmy search bar, does it mean something
:)